“Next Tech Revolution”, Copyright Controversy, the growing relevance of User Communities: The Publishers’ Forum 2017 will cover the most important topics and debates in publishing in strategic presentations as orientation and in workshops for practical implementation.
In Berlin on 24 and 25 April, this gathering of German and international decision-makers and thought-leaders from the publishing trade and related technology providers will get to heart of the latest issues and controversies facing the industry:
- “Next Tech Revolution”
What will artificial intelligence, machine learning and industry 4.0 mean for the publishing industry?
How can the fundamental relationship between author and publisher continue to succeed in the face of new competition?
- “Copyright and Regulatory Policy”
What concepts and models exist in Europe?
- “Beyond the Book”
How can publishers enhance the value they add and how can they implement these enhancements?
- “Personalization, User Communities, New Partnerships”
How and why is the current upheaval in “digital learning” relevant for every publisher?
- Zoë Beck (author / digital publisher “CulturBooks”)
- Michael Bhaskar (curation specialist, publisher, and founder of the digital publisher Canelo)
- Michael Cairns (Information Media Partners; Member of the Editorial Board of the Publishers’ Forum)
- Javier Celaya (DosDoce)
- Benedikt Dalkman (in charge of establishing Bertelsmann Education Group)
- Ehrhardt Heinold (Heinold, Spiller & Partner)
- Michael Healy (Copyright Clearance Center)
- Laura Nevanlinna (Kaiken Publishing / “Angry Birds”)
- Joerg Pfuhl (Holtzbrinck Buchverlage)
- Rüdiger Schmidt (Bosch-Druck / HP)
- Ulrich Spiller (Werkstatt Verlagscockpit)
- Andreas von der Heydt (Amazon Kindle Deutschland)
- Aljoscha Walser (Narses)
- Kate Worlock (Outsell)
- and many others…
Get inspired – take part in the workshop discussions – join in the conversation!
Detailed information on the speakers and an online registration form can be found at the conference website www.publishers-forum.com.
New exciting venue
The event will take place at the dbb forum berlin – at the core of the bustling city, in busy Friedrichstrasse, with hotels of diverse categories in walking distance. www.dbb-forum.berlin/en/index.php
Early Bird discount only available for a few more days, until February 15, 2017