After a widely received first season in fall 2020, with four Preparations Workshops and a 6-hour state of the industry debate on October 13 – attended by 200 experienced industry leaders from 28 countries in a unique mix of heads of worldwide corporations and small local innovators –, it is time to move on.
In the first half year of 2021, ReBoot proposes a systematic assessment of the damage, based on a rich survey of multiple data sources and intertwined with a structured set of workshops, with the goal of comparing lessons, experiences, and proposed solutions.
ReBoot will focus on how authors, publishers, suppliers, and retailers:
- Operate in highly dynamic markets, defined by changing consumer habits and mounting competition for consumers’ attention and budgets;
- Manage seamlessly multiple formats, business and distribution models, while new entrants from other media industries approach the same audiences;
- Learn to directly target consumers, build sustainable communities around more granular audiences, and attract the best creative talent for books and readers.
The Repair workshop calendar foresees three units of 2-4 hours in the first half year of 2021:
- 25 FEB 2021: Assessing the damage, and identifying the key lessons for looking forward;
- 21 APR 2021: How to fix what is broken, and who can offer the best tools for that aim;
- 15 JUN 2021: Navigating to new islands and sailing with the winds of change.
You can subscribe to all three ReBoot units plus get permanent access to the ReBoot Box, which contains rich and relevant documentation plus video recordings of all sessions, at a flat rate of € 149, or buy tickets for each unit separately at € 99.
We invite sponsors and partners to engage with ReBoot on a continuous basis, with customized cooperation packages starting at € 5,000 for 1HY2021.
Find out about all details, and register right away at www.rebootbooks.org.
Follow us for updates on Twitter at @rebootbooks
You can recap ReBoot in fall 2020 in 3 blogposts: